Sunday, January 20, 2013

History in Ruins: Pictoral Views of What Once Was

As you may have figured out from one of my other blog posts, I like old places.  I like seeing the buildings, going through them, looking at the architecture- inside and out.  I like ruins,  I wish I could fix up so many buildings to be what they used to be.

Tonight, I found a blog full of pictures of places I will likely never get to go, but full of my favorite kind of pictures.

I share a few links with you from it.

Parisian Apartment Locked for 70 years Opened for the First Time

Shameful French History Made Public

Pictures of Detroit Ruins

Detroit - Then and Now

The last intrigues me, because a few years ago, a book like this on Colorado came out.  It made me happy to see so many historic pictures paired with a modern picture, and to see very little change. The book is called "Colorado: 1870 and 2000".  Beautiful work.

This blog, Messy Nessy, has a ton of "related" pages to look at - and a button on the right hand side that says "related" to see more stuff just like this.  I've not even looked at the other pages, I so caught up in the photography and ruins.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment