Thursday, November 1, 2012

Figuring it Out and an Introduction


A different Kind of Life. It's what we lead.

we're not the stereotypical, sit com family of the 50s through the 80s - dad working, mom at home, or both parents working, this many cars, life all perfect, a career path followed from graduation to retirement.  Hell, the last person I know to do that was my grandfathers. In fact, we are more like the Americans of the 1800s - did you know that they were a pretty transient group? If they weren't,  the whole Western U.S. would never have gotten settled.  Blame the fur trader genes, Blame the freedom from religious persecution genes. Blame the genetics of anyone who wanted to live outside the box. They passed it on to people like me.

So what is this blog about? It's sure as hell not about politics or anything like that - I keep that shit to another blog, in which I rant and rave and am generally overly opinionated. This blog is not for that.  Nor does it have anything to do with history, or quotes or anything else I've ever blogged about.

This blog is about having a different kind of life than society expects us to have. I'm not the only one. We're not the only family like this - there's thousands out there. But this is about mine, ours. A place to put down my memories of always having a different kind of life than my friends had. And that is NOT a bad thing.

A friend of husband's once told him we'd done soooo many thing, we were so adventurous. We are? We like being at home, we like our house, we like solitude. We've done some things, but nothing compared to a lot of people.  Spouse has been out of the country  - all the way to Germany and France. I've been out of the country too - Canada, cause we lived so close, and Mexico - once.  I have met people who have traveled all over the world, and even they think we've done a lot. Huh. I guess it's perception. Or state of mind. I call it just trying to live.

Some people won't like what I have to say here. That's O.K. - no one is making you read this,  This is MY story, MY life and it is NOT open to your opinion about how I live wrong according to you.  It reminds me of the time I asked for health advice about my dog on an online forum, and was told I didn't deserve to own a dog, and that I was going to burn in hell.  Huh? What does that have to do with a dog fearing a kennel? That was my question, after all. Maybe I write in code that I don't know or understand, but the truly "inspired" can understand?

Anyway, this is about my life - past and present. It is memories, it is things I am trying to keep us afloat, it is a different kind of life.

Enjoy.


***********

Oh, and one disclaimer - this is MY life, MY story - don't try to steal it.  I've had enough of others stealing my work online - and yes, I do write for pay online. I don't do it enough to call it a profession myself, but since I get paid to write sometimes, I guess I;m a professional writer. And as such, I really do value my copyright and WILL pursue you if you try to steal my life for your own gain.  Want to share something? Link back to my page, OK? It's as simple as that - and a LOT easier than copy/pasting. If I post a recipe or something, feel free to use it. But if I tell a story about my grandma, that's MY story, dig? It wasn't your grandma, honest. I know everyone I shared my grandmas with. If it wasn't your grandma, it isn't your story.  Don't make me get all legal on your ass.  Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to a mutual friend liking one of your photos on FB, I found your blog - I love this! Can't wait to catch up and read the whole thing. Love ya! (Dimpz)

    ReplyDelete